IMPORTANT UPDATE ON SOCIAL DISTANCING & HYGIENE
We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to all our flexible workers and thank you for supporting us to deliver an essential service to the country during these unprecedented times.
Your continued support is really making a difference.
You will already have noticed a number of changes in the ways of working at Royal Mail across the operational Plants and we wanted to remind you of these so we can all work together to keep each other safe.
- Maintain good hand hygiene at all times, washing hands before starting and finishing shift ensure this is maintained to minimise the risk of any infection. This is still the primary method recommended by the World Health Organisation in the prevention of the spread of Covid-19
- Always wash hands before eating. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Disposable gloves are made available to anyone on request please ask your manager onsite
- After use of MHE equipment, any steering or controls should be wiped down using the antibacterial wipes where provided
- PDAs / Finger Scanners; ensure good hand hygiene is maintained to minimise the risk of any infection. Use the antiseptic wipes provided, consider the next person using this after you
- Carry disposable tissues. Dispose of the tissue carefully “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”
- Reception areas; ensure you adhere to taped areas and maintain 2 metre distance as directed and only 1 person at the desk at any one time
- Canteen/rest breaks; maintain 2 metre distancing and adhere to the staggered lunch times if you are unable to do this you should come away from the area and speak to a manager
- Where possible bring your own food and drink and ensure you do never share food with others
- Adhere to staggered start and finish times where these are in place and do not gather block entrances or exits during shift crossover
- Walking and movement around site; adhere to the visual guides on site which explicitly show how to maintain the advised two metre social distancing for colleagues in all areas of the site. If you are not sure how to do this, you must speak to a manager onsite straight away.
Social distancing and hygiene is everyone’s responsibility and we all have a part to play in maintaining a safe operation for all.
The only way this can be achieved is by everyone working together. We are asking all workers on site to support each other in ensuring mistakes are not made where social distancing is concerned, as everyone becomes used to new ways of working. Please, if you have any queries while onsite please speak to a manager immediately so we can all work together to keep everyone safe.
Please look out for regular email updates and make use of our FAQs , which are updated regularly.
Thank you once again and please stay safe.