Senior Digital Editor
London Office Base with Hybrid Working
“MaPS (Money and Pensions Service) have an exciting 12 month - FTC for a Senior Digital Editor within their fast-paced editorial team. Your role will be focussed on money and pensions content that reaches various B2C and B2B2C audiences in multiple channels, including digital and print.
You will design, edit and maintain content that meets user needs, makes complex language and processes easy to understand to drive positive customer behaviour. You will also be the content lead for pensions and retirement information and guidance ensuring all content is accurate, engaging and leads customers to positive outcomes for their financial wellbeing.”
This Senior Digital Editor will be joining a large team of 11 in-house editorial experts. You will contribute to creating and optimising content across multiple channels with a particular focus on digital channels used by consumers and stakeholder audiences.
As the Senior Digital Editor, you will be responsible for the following:
• Co-ordinating, prioritising and planning to ensure consistent delivery against the content development roadmap.
• As a Senior member of the team, oversee and supervise the work of more junior team members.
• Contribute and implement to the Service’s web strategy, covering content strategy, SEO strategy and operational plans.
• Work with subject matter experts to deliver compelling and actionable content across all channels as required (desktop, mobile, video, social media).
• Work with the customer journey managers to ensure all content works as part of the overall user journey, ensuring consistency of tone, messages, content and brand values.
• Where required, manage relevant outsourced elements effectively and in line with VFM requirements.
• Understand and optimise the web architecture, supporting technologies and content structure, ensuring effective and engaging customer journeys across the moneyhelper site.
• Carry out testing for new products or changes as required.
• Monitor and report on audience behaviour and interest trends; ability to identify and escalate common ‘hot-button’ issues, complaints or praise from our audience.
• Able to craft compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audience, driving actions, engagement, link-sharing and click-through.
It is essential for the Senior Digital Editor to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Extensive expertise in developing and executing web content strategies across all platforms -- in particular social media strategies using content management software. (AEM or similar.)
• Significant expertise in working in content rich web environments with a deep appreciation of web-based customer journey mapping.
• Deep appreciation of different community behaviours and points of interests across those platforms and ability to monitor and identify hot button issues and suggest and implement tactical solutions.
• A deep understanding of content design principles, web technologies, current trends and web standards.
• Experience of Search engine optimisation (SEO), Google analytics and social media monitoring tools.
• Proven expertise of successful written communications with an excellent journalistic style of writing, strong editorial judgment, and the ability to convey a complex message in a concise way to tight deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail, always ensuring accuracy and proven ability to search optimise own and others’ copy.
• Significant expertise in commissioning and managing 3rd party suppliers and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with internal and external contributors.
• Good knowledge of financial topics, how they affect consumers.
• Experience of working on brand launches.
• Experience of building organic traffic and engagement.
• Understanding of how to improve user experience eg: A/B testing, user testing and other tools and sources of insight.
Working for MaPS:
At the heart of the Money and Pensions Service are our values – caring, connecting and transforming, which are the foundation of our success. They permeate every area of our work and define all our business relationships and the way we work with each other. We’re not only looking for the best people to come and work for us, but we need people who align themselves to our values.
Caring. We care about our colleagues and people whose lives we are here to transform.
Connecting. We will transform lives through our ability to make positive connections.
Transforming. We are committed to transforming lives and make a positive societal impact.
We help people – particularly those most in need – to improve their financial wellbeing and build a better, more confident future. Working collaboratively across the UK, we make sure customers can access high-quality money and pensions guidance and debt advice throughout their lives, however and whenever they need it.
By fostering our values, we are very proud of the inclusive working environment that we have created. We are committed to attracting people of all backgrounds, we want our colleagues to reflect our customers and the people we assist.
What Money and Pensions Service can offer you?
- Generous Annual Leave – 30 days plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme - contributions matched 2 to 1 (up to 10% of your salary)
- Interest-free loan to help you buy season tickets for buses and trains
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Subsidised eye test & flu jabs
- Life assurance scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- PAM Assist and PAM Life scheme (Wellbeing)
- Enhanced family and sick pay
- Paid volunteering (2 days a year)
- Recognition Scheme
- Discounts portal to numerous retailers
Job Number; MaPS00336
Closing Date; 29th Jan 2022